Monday, August 21, 2006

You Should Let Him Love You

So my mind wandered to Benjelle again, cuz, well that’s just what it does when I’m at work lately out of sheer boredom. That and the song “Let me love you” by Mario came on and well, if that isn’t a benjelle song then I don’t’ know what is. A few things kinda popped in my mind.

First, it seems like a lot of people are kind of putting Donyelle in the “nawty corna” as Supernanny would say, especially since the FG reference on Benji’s MS. There are like, a huge number of possible meanings to that statement, and Benji knows it. Yes, Donyelle is currently seeing someone. She was obviously seeing him before the show started, and before she even knew who the hell Benji was. Because we love their chemistry, of course we want to see the two of them together. But it’s not that simple.

Donyelle’s boyfriend is a part of her life. We don’t know how long they’ve been together, but if it’s from the start of the show, we’re looking at at least 6 months. To most people out there, that’s considered a fairly serious relationship. IF it is this Tahir that we’ve heard mentioned, we can’t jump to conclusions based on his MS page. Donyelle doesn’t look like the kind of woman who would put up with someone in her life that was horrid. If the bf is someone else, we don’t know that he’s not a magnificent person who’s been there for her through thick and thin and who loves her very much. We just don’t.

Bottom line is that we don’t know the level of feeling she has for bf. And I just think of her possible going online and seeing some of these blogs and message boards and hearing people tell her to dump her bf and get with Benji, and that could be hurtful, not to mention possibly put undue strain on her relationship with Benji.

Now I’m about to say the unthinkable, but it has to be said to have a well rounded and fair argument. *winces* There is the possibility folks (and I reiterate – I HIGHLY doubt and really, really hope that it’s not the case) that Donyelle just isn’t attracted to Benji in that way. *The searing pain! The sharp stabbing pain in my chest!* She may adore him as a good ‘personal’ friend, but perhaps the idea of a real romance between the two just doesn’t cut it for her. And as her Fanforlife, I have to respect that.

K, saying that made me feel dirty. /shower

I feel that there’s mutual attraction between the two and that became more and more obvious as they spent more time together. I also think that Benji had it initially, and that Donny caught up later. It’s poor timing, and Donny is stuck between a rock and a hard place. She can give up what she knows and is comfortable with and risk it all for the chance of something great, or she can stick with the usual and wonder “what if?” for the rest of her life.

I wish that she’d take the chance on Benji, despite the possible backlash. Life is way too short for worrying about what other people think. In the end you’re the only one who has to live with your decisions. And truth is, Benji won’t stay single for too much longer. He hasn’t dated since his last gf because he didn’t want to, not for lack of opportunity. He’s bouncing back now and before long, he’ll be back on the market so to speak. And I know that even I have fancied the idea m’self of taking that boy on, so I can only imagine how many other women will be more than accommodating. I just hope that if I’m right about how Donyelle feels and that she realizes that this door she’s staring at isn’t revolving. No second chances. If Benji gets with anyone else and ties the knot, I think we all know its going to be for the long haul.

Alright, that’s enough sermons for today. Will post later with some diet thoughts, much lighter but with all the flavour.

~RP Out~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rogue Prinzess Diaries: You Should Let Him Love You