Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I'm Baa-aaaaaaaaack

That's right. Its only been another hundred years or so. Too bad, I've been busy. New job, new digs, new look, its been alot of new. But all for the better though, so hope to be back here more often.

So back to the usual update of whats happened since I last blogged (other than another ice age):

1) Benjelle - Donny's engaged! I'm still not the biggest fan of her other half, but she seemed squee-di-lumptious about her affiancing, so I'm happy for her too. All the best, my lil dancing Diva! And as for Benji, he's pretty much stalking the SYTYCD studios between guest choreographing and cheering on his lil sis. God help us if another Schwimmer wins.

2) AI6 - Nikki won, which is pretty cool I guess, I still think that Melinda got shanked big time, but I think she's made enough of an impression to make it even bigger than AI ever could have. Don't get me wrong though, Nikki is a bucket of talent too and I wish her all the best...I'm just not going to buy her album if you know what I'm sezzin'

3) HELL'S KITCHEN - OMFG I love this show! I got hooked last season and this season has been just as great. Ramsay is on his usual warpath against inept, overconfident, spaghetti-burning wannabe chefs everywhere! My fave chef this season has got to be the timid but determined 'wafflehouse cook' Julia. She was so mature and good natured, and Gordon loved her. She was sent to the slaughter by her own team though, the giggle twins refused to be separated. But its all good, Julia's going to culinary school and Rock is gonna win it just cuz I want to shove Bonnie's face in the hot pan that she continues to set afire.

4) TRANSFORMERS - More than meets the eye! Robots in disguise!!! Oh. My. God. Seriously. Its the best movie I've seen in years. I loved every minute of it. I saw it three times. I loved it!! Shia Labeouf - I'm in love, ok? The plot was as believable as you can make it for a film of this kind, the special effects were so seamless that I found myself half expecting cars to get up and start breakdancing in front of me when I left the theatre. The acting was great, with the exception of the teen ditz queen they put in the movie, clearly for no other reason than to wash the cars in a bikini (and no, that doesn't actually happen in the movie, for those who haven't seen it) But I wholeheartedly give it 10/10, a must see this year whether it be in theatre or on DVD.

6) SHIA LABEOUF- He's just so damned cute that he deserves his own number *squee*

7) HARRY POTTER (Movie) - Wow. No really. Wow. I went to the theatre expecting the same kind of corny, teen soap we saw last movie, and was completely taken aback. This new director - must be kept. He's doing movie 6 and I can't wait. This movie still had the essential elements that make all things Potter magical, but he finally cut the umbilical cord of cheesiness that has nearly strangled the older movies. This film at last takes Harry and his friends out of the domain of 'children' and puts them where they should be, in the crazy, confusing, exciting, horrific and quite frequently frightening world of teenagers. I won't spoil it for the 5 people out there who have yet to see the film, but the ending fight scene is da shiznit.

8) HARRY POTTER 7 (book) - Wow squared. JKR knows how to end things with a bang, which this book certainly did. This is not a book for those who merely scan the pages or just glance. Many little tidbits that were dropped in earlier books that may have seemed insignificant at the time come to a head in this book, helping to shape the story and explain many a mystery. I was an action packed book, no chapters that simply lulled on about non important things. Every chapter, place, person, object and interaction mentioned in this book has deep and significant meaning, and this may make it the hardest to digest for the younger readers. But it was a feast for the imagination for us avid readers and in my opinion, well worth the wait. WTG Jo.

9) PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DMC & WE - Both were pretty good. A few anti-climactic moments, but on the whole, who can say that two hours with Johnny Depp isn't a good use of time? Side note - Emo Orlando is uber seksy.

10) Spiderman 3 - *sigh* I had such high hopes...and they were barely - nah, I can't pretend. It was crap. Not quite utter crap, but pretty damn close. Emo Peter Parker is an even bigger loser than nerdy Petey ever was. Mary Jane is more annoying than words can say. Venom - I can't even go into how disappointed I was on how they played that out. The only highlights in the two hours I forced myself to stay seated were James Franco, lookin' all cool and actually pulling off a decent performance, the dude who plays Mr. Jameson, cuz he's just funny, and the ever lovable Topher Grace, who though entertaining, wasn't the right pick for Eddie Brock. Its worth a looksie since the special effects are pretty sweet, but other than that, pass.

Geez, alots happened since I last blogged, guess time doesnt' stand still when I'm not here. Some really cool things to look forward to for the rest of the summer though, a few more cool movies, more warm weather and hopefully a line up of some cool new shows next season. I can't wait to see the new spin-off of Grey's, the preview was too cute and I love Addison. I may even stop watching Greys just to support it - yeh, riiiight.

Well, I guess that's it for now, gotta go do something, you know, productive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rogue Prinzess Diaries: I'm Baa-aaaaaaaaack