Friday, September 22, 2006

Muffins and Panties and Parents - Oh My!

So I just watched the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy and I must say...effing gorgeous! It was every bit as funny, touching, witty and addictive as ever.

Muffins - So Izzie hasn't started drinking or taking large amounts of highly sedating drugs, no, she's turned to muffins. LOTS o' muffins. Apparently its the only other thing that she's good at short of cutting LVAD wires and sleeping withe jerky doctors. It was kinda cute to see her less than perfect, but at the same time, a wee bit annoying. Peeps were wondering if she was planning on leaving the show this season after last season's finale, and I was wondering myself after how little screen times she had this episode, but, it looks like my mentor Doc. Bailey talked her into coming back. I mean, what better way to take care of those peeps taking up all those extra hospital beds? Snip snip Izzie.

Panties - I'm seriously starting to believe that this hospital has to be the least hygenic in the world, even in television land. Undies all up over the place. So it's obvious that now all the ladies (with the exception of Izzie Crocker) know that Meredith and McDreamy hooked up again. Mere's all back in her blissful horny daze and McDreamy's all happy to have his regular booty call back. Sadly, Addison found out thanks to Mer's drawers being in McDreamy's pocket. Can I just say that she put on a stellar performance tonight. I LOVE Addison. Yes, she was the original cheat (with a man that is so hot that please, like you wouldn't tap that too) but she's quirky, smart, funny and generally just cool. I give props for the writers showing her more vulnerable side again, as she took to the bottle like a street wine-o tonight to mourn the loss of the shamble she called her marriage. But she did give McDreamy a good old fashioned "fuck you farewell" by boning his uber hot ex best friend one more time for the road. Take that McScruffy. Other panty lines (hee) were that my wish for Callie and George to still be together came true, Callie YET AGAIN saved Mere's ass by telling all that the panties pinned to the bulletin board were hers. This made Georgie Porgie all jealous like and Callie got off on it (as all women do). In the end, the Chief found out that Callie was hobo-ing it in the hospital basement and made Callie move out (and into George's space meeeeow) and he had to face the fact that he had to find a new place to call home.

Parents - hee...funniest moment in the eppie, poor Cristina's first "Meet the Parents" moment, and it's executed with her in a fire red bustier straddling a barely stengthened Burke in his hospital bed. That has to go down in history as the worst way to meet who could be your future mother-in-law. Conversely, it could go down as the BEST way to ever greet your future father-in-law. Either way, Richard Roundtree guest starred as Burke Sr, and he was his usual lovable self even though he only had like two lines. They also nicely incorporated a parellel storyline about a kid that got a tree - yes, not a branch, not a root, a freakin' tree - stuck through his torsoe, and how his father felt all responsible for it. It wasn't the focus of hte show, but some very powerful messages in those few small scenes.

*As a side, Queer As Folk's (US) Peter Paige guest starred on this episode as a gay (like we didn't already know) brain cancer patient who's tumor caused him to be unable to control his impulses, especially in speech. He did a DYNAMITE job and had IMO the funniest moments this episode. It makes you really think about how much fun - and embarrassing - life would be if we could all just speak our minds when we wanted to...

All in all, a very cool start to the season, leaving lots of room for more mayhem, medicine, making love and mystery. I don't know why I feel the need to alliterate at the moment, but I did it. Side notes, ER and CSI also premiered tonight, ER was meh, kinda hte same old same old with some more soapy drama that not. CSI showed some cool behind the scenes Cirque de Soliel stuff and had a pretty interesting story line, but some very sad beginnings for Miss Willows. It's a two parter, and yes, I will be tuning in next week so I guess they got me. Hell, Eric Szmanda had me at "hello".

Well it was a long post, but I havent' been posting as much lately due to schedule. Will hope to keep up from now on. As for SYTYCD, I've been spreading the fever, my best friend is now an avid fan and is totally benjellin', and I now have my workmates (which consist of 8 guys) addicted to the show via the re-airing that MuchMusic started a few weeks back. IT'S A FEVA!!! Tour news, some sadness... Donyelle apparently hit her head a couple nights ago, right on Benji's..er...goods... and it resulted in her having to be hospitalized. It wasn't a long stay so I don't think its uber serious, but reports from last nights show say that she only danced hte first hour, so I guess it's more than just a little bump. Let's just all pray that she's gonna pull through, and that she'll be up and running back to her old self as soon as possible.

EDIT: Randomness. Watched Blade Trinity again today at work and I just need to take a minute to pay tribute to the sexiest Canadian alive. Please look and take it all in slowly, squee, and move on...





and....exhale...if I smoked, you know I'd be sparkin' one up right now...

aight, bedtime or something

~RP off to dream of Ryan~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rogue Prinzess Diaries: Muffins and Panties and Parents - Oh My!